cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <>
Subject Re: [IMP] Performance problems with TraxTransformer
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:26:30 GMT

On Thursday, October 30, 2003, at 11:42 AM, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>>> +1. Store is checking for Serializable (again, IIRC), which should
>>> be enough.
>> We turned this on on a production box recently, it became rather
>> unstable, usually falling down once per day.
> Can you be little bit more specific in this part -- "failing down" --
> what have you seen?

Sorry, Vadim, it is difficult to be more specific, because we never
tracked down the exact cause (we were in 'panic mode').

One week I decided to try adding the config to store XSLTs.
I had tested it on a low-hit development machine, and it seemed to be
Then we found the site started going down on a regular basis.
We would start seeing lots of Broken Pipes in the logs and TomCat would
stop serving.
Restart TomCat and it would be down again by the end of the day.
Remove that config as (AFAIK, I am not on that job anymore) the problem
has gone away.
The development server is running TomCat 4.1.18, Cocoon 2.1m2. Recent
RedHat, Sun Java

I could conceivably retrieve some archived logs if that would help, but
they did not seem spectacularly illuminating at the time.

regards Jeremy

View raw message