cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Moving towards a new documentation system
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2003 12:48:53 GMT

Le Samedi, 11 oct 2003, à 14:25 Europe/Zurich, Nicola Ken Barozzi a
écrit :
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> ...We can then build all kinds of navigational structures, trails,
>> multiple tables of contents, beginners/advanced, whatever (again
>> picking up on wiki idea of a flat page structure with many navigation
>> paths), but the path to a given document stays valid forever unless
>> documents are removed.
>
> Forrest's site.xml is ready to adapt to the needs.

ok. I'd prefer multiple "navigation definition" files though, one for
each "navigation concern" (tracks, beginner/advanced,
functionality-based, etc).
Is this possible with Forrest, or what do you suggest?

> ..Eh, why "Forrest /probably/ "?

Only because I haven't been following it lately and don't know much
details about where it is and where it is going.
Nothing against Forrest!

>> -if the docs format changes for the new doc management system,
>> navigation definitions stay valid.
>
> There was a discussion on Forrest about making all links be done to
> files without extensions, and now we use site.xml to reference these
> links.
>
> The only thing that is still lacking is making the output remain
> "static" over time.

Not sure if I understand this, can you explain?

> ...What I wanted to do is to have Forrest generate an index of pages
> and the users add this to CVS. With this index we have all the doc
> history, and Forrest can generate redirects if urls change. I also
> want want to generate redirects for filenames without urls and add an
> unique id to every page in the index, so that Forrest can add barcodes
> to the pages.

Sounds good.

> ...Please don't forget Forrest.

Certainly not!