cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [Woody] form2 XML binding example does not set id for new rows
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 19:56:21 GMT
nope, current binding doesn't do this.

you can: make the id visible so the user can provide it though
and you can also: loop through your form-model and set this stuff (with
the same API the binding is using internally)

but what you describe here seems to be quite a specific kind of business
logic, no?

my naieve suggestion would be that after binding you apply these rules
to your model (e.g. the correct hibernate or ojb setting would do this
while persisting)

but that is just me, we can catalog also all possible id-generation
strategies (random uuid like, increment...) or provide an interface for
your specific plugin class that does it... but as said I see little
advantage over just applying this on the model in your business logic

making sense? or overlooking some essentials?
hm, maybe sylvain's event-handling additions could be used to set values
for these?

-marc=