cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [heads up] cocoon's defaults form-encoding and seerialize-encoding are inconsistent.
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:56:24 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> FYI, the Context (you get via Contextualizable) contains the ServletConfig
> via a constant defined in the CocoonServlet.
> This is something your two collegues were wondering about, but it might
> be that it helps you :)

Yep, sounds like a way out of the stalemate I was facing..

However, what does this say about using cocoon outside the servlet-context?

In every case: I like the idea of using the contextualize() but maybe it
makes more sense if we don't introduce a dependency between
AbstractTextSerializer and servlet.jar?

So maybe the Context directly should be augmented with access to this
kind of 'global' info?

-marc=