cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: ESQL question
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:45:15 GMT
 > Now I see that a simple query without parameters is also prepared
> which makes the execution a lot slower under Pervasive 2000i (I have never
> seen more crappy database).

IIRC this came up before....

> Is it an intentional change ?

Well, yes, kinda....

Ok.. here it goes: when I was doing some work
on esql I found the esql statement handling
to be very ugly.

After some googling it seemed that it's a
consensus that usually (of course depends
on the driver implementation) the prepared
statements are meant to be a faster choice.

Since the code got nicer I changed it that
way ...not exspecting to see such a speed
difference as you might see now (how much
is it?)

So... it seems this is another option per
database. If you could come up with a
nice patch - no problem.

It might not help you in short run...

...but I was already talking to Christian
about this: maybe we should step back
and reanalize the cocoon database
connectivity in general again.

I'd really love to merge esql and the
sql transformer sharing the same syntax
...and more or less the same code. AFA
this is possible...

Maybe it's time to put up a wiki page
where we can collect some RT on a new
sql connectivity.

I am sure we could easily create some
stylesheets for migration to the (maybe?)
new sytax. So this can be pretty painless
for users.

What do you think?
--
Torsten