cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: NPEs in FlowLayer
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:10:09 GMT
Jeremy Quinn wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am getting mysterious NPEs in the flowlayer, while working with the
> flow version of  'authentication-fw'.
>
> Not only are they odd, they are completely inconsistent.
> They tend to happen after a script redirects after eg. a bad login.

I've just committed a workaround for a case where I was getting NPEs.
Looks like, in some cases, an already invalidated instance of FOM_Cocoon
is being reused, but of course all its fields have already been set to null.

My patch is just a workaround, since this situation should never happen,
but I haven't been able to determine the real cause. Besides, adding a
couple extra null checks isn't going to hurt anyway, and should the
situation arise, you'll get a message on System.err (not via the Logger,
since it's already been nulled as well).

You might also check Vadim's commit of yesterday to see if it's relevant.

	Ugo

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it