cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: [proposal] Doco
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 19:45:50 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

<snip/>

> Sounds like a plan to me.
>
>> http://james.seng.cc/archives/000145.html seems to be a standalone
>> Movable Type implementation. Sourceforge is down ATM so I can't check
>> on the license and usability of the Sapience code.

This looks like a fun problem to solve.  I assume the "noise" in the
image would be to throw off any text-recognition software?

> Ok
>
>> This doesn't help a lot of course, but as we seem to be converging
>> into making rich-text editing "just another Woody widget" [1], we
>> might as well add this one to the list of TODOs for cool Woody/cForms.
>

> Totally +1
>
>> [1] Spoiling Bruno's "lonesome hacking cowboy" thought train, I just
>> want to confirm that he actually started working on this.

My thought train.... generate a random string in the flow, save it, and
somehow stitch together a larger jpeg/svg of the string, maybe even in
an <svg:text> tag to start out with some sort of prototype.  sendPage to
  a form, and have the form submit back into the continuation, and keep
trying to "authenticate" until the string matches.

> Yey!!!
>
>> He's still in a grumpy "friggin' stupid and unstable web browsers and
>> Javascript as a development hosting environment" mood, though, so
>> please light a candle for him. ;-)
>

> I can do more: I'm willing to help!! Bruno, ask me if you need anything
> (even privately, if you think it's better)

My gears are turning, I'll report back if I get anything.

> --
> Stefano.

Regards,

Tony