cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Documenting the TreeBuilder stuff]
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 17:12:12 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>

> Sorry Berin, I don't clearly understand your concerns and how you what
> you want to move from TreeBuilder to RootProcessingNodeBuilder.

The chief concern is breaking down exactly what the TreeBuilder is for,
and having a set of interfaces/implementations that reflect that.  I believe
that it would simplify the migration, future enhancements of the system.

> Also, I don't think we need an explicit ProcessingTree class. What will
> this class do that is different from a ProcessingNode?

Essentially what I was thinking was this:

The TreeBuilder as it stands is too complicated, and it seems to mix the
client concerns, internal use concerns, and processing concerns.

I would like to simplify it from a client perspective.  If I were to use
the TreeBuilder, I would assume that the configuration provided by the
container would point to all the <tree-builder/> definition files that
are needed by the system.  From there we need a way for the TreeBuilder
to access the proper.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin