cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions about Meta Info (was Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.2/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/matching Matcher.java CookieMatcher.java)
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:51:20 GMT
Geoff Howard wrote:

>> It takes away the need for a separate ROLES file.
>

> Right, but we don't have our sitemap components in a roles file.  We
> have them in <map:components> and it's not clear to me
> how this concept changes in 2.2.

It doesn't change a ton of things, but to be clear, you do have a roles
file embeded in the TreeBuilder definition for the sitemap components.

One thing that may make people happy (or not depending on your POV), is
that you will no longer *need* to include the "class" attribute for your
components.  You can if you want, but it is not necessary.  If the class
attribute is used, then it would take precedence over what was defined
in the meta info.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin