cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] Doco
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:10:03 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>> Doco came to my mind when finding
>> http://kokochi.com:8080/sapience/test.jsp in Hippo's blog.
>

> Can I be anal for a sec?

LOL. Sure, as long as you wipe properly afterwards, no problem here. :-)

> cool, but what do we do with it?

Well, since people had to come up with anti-spam measures for weblog
comments, because of some nitwits which abuse the comment facility of
modern weblog engines using automated tools, to raise Google rankings of
spam-linked websites, I figure the same will start happening with any
light-weight content contribution tool in the upcoming months.

We have seen similar abuse on the Cocoon wiki as well. Rather than
completely offload the burden of moderation to a bunch of people, we
should come up with an upfront facility for blocking automated abuse.
Similar to the facilities found in MSN Hotmail, Paypal and others who
use some generated image to validate sign up for their system, having
something like this Sapience thing might reduce the moderation burden in
the long run.

It's cool for sure, but it might be some good way to make sure only
humans edit content, and not a bunch of malevolent bots.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org