cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: Questions about Meta Info
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 01:20:31 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

>> What this means is that the @x-avalon-info should be considered
>> differently for service interfaces (element name) and for classes
>> ("type" attribute).
>

> No, it means that your interpretation of the configuration to get
> at the short name would be different.

Is there an easy way to find out what real class a given shortcut/role
is associated with (resolving to)?  In
digging into things in Cocoon now I and I'm sure others grep through the
roles file and cocoon.xconf to find
where to look for a given implementation.  I'm thinking it would be good
to provide some way to trace back
from a hint name or service type back to the concrete class.

Also,  the roles file defines default implementation which can be
overridden in xconf.  Is this the same in fortress?
If I want to replace the default implementation of transient-store with
my own souped up version (you'll need to
momentarily suspend your disbelief that I'm capable of coming up with
one ;) ) how do I do that?

Geoff