cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: Wafer update
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 00:28:25 GMT
Jeff Ramsdale wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Ran across this page and searched the archive for references. Found one from
> a year or so ago from Sylvain, so I thought it might be time to point it out
> again. The Wafer Project compares the feature sets of major Java-based web
> application frameworks. Companies love this sort of chart because it can
> save a lot of tedious research in making technology decisions. We all know,
> though, that it's nearly impossible to know how accurate and/or up-to-date
> data like this is on the Internet.
>
> So, I'm wondering if someone who knows the innards of Cocoon better than I
> do could help the gentlepeople who created this chart update it with
> Cocoon's current feature-set.
>
> http://www.waferproject.org/feature-matrix2.html

Wow, there's a lot that should be checked, i.e.:

I18N (Effortless)
Security (Auth-FW)
Documentation: D,E,F,G,J,T
Error Handling (i.e. <map:handle-errors/>)
IDE Integration (SunBow)
Web Services (WSProxy, HttpProxy)
Direct Database Access (ESQL, etc)
Workflow (The Flowscript)
XML-RPC (This really falls under web services)
Job Scheduling - Scheduler in cron block.

Not sure about EJB or O/R stuff, since I don't mess with it much. It's a
little hazy by which methods these featuresets are evaluated.