cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Questions about Meta Info (was Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.2/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/matching Matcher.java CookieMatcher.java)
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:53:23 GMT
Geoff Howard wrote:

> ghoward@apache.org wrote:
>
>> ghoward     2003/10/25 14:59:50
>>
>>  Modified:    src/java/org/apache/cocoon/matching Matcher.java
>>                        CookieMatcher.java
>>  Log:
>>  start fortressizing Matchers.  lots of open questions already,
>>  so I'll pause here.
>>

> I'm hoping someone with more confidence in the changes needed can check
> out the simple changes below.  Such a paradigm shift to give up the
> marker interfaces (and I'm mourning the loss of content assist.  Don't
> suppose an eclipse plugin for meta info yet?)

Content assist?

Eclipse plugin:  not at this time.

> Open questions:
> - What do sitemap components get for @x-avalon-info?  A new made up
> string like cookie-matcher?  The @name/type from the default sitemap in
> 2.1?

The @x-avalon-info name="cookie-matcher" line lets you define your components
like this:

<cookie-matcher name="foo">
   <internal>configuration</internal>
</cookie-matcher>

It takes away the need for a separate ROLES file.

> - Will this mean we no longer have to declare sitemap components in
> the sitemap?

More it means that there is no reason to have a ROLES file, which also
means taht you can incorporate any component into Cocoon using a friendly
configuration name without resorting to specifying user roles files or
even internal roles files.

> - What about other lifecycle interfaces like: Contextualizable,
> Parameterizable, Disposable?

They haven't changed.  They actually have a reason to exist.  They provide
information or invoke an event on the component--unlike the marker interfaces
that did nothing but mess with the class hierarchy.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin