cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon in Batch Environment
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2003 02:59:46 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Upayavira wrote:
>
>> Geoff Howard wrote:

>>> Ah, and that's an issue.  The JMS jars from Sun cannot be included
>>> in CVS because of the license.  As an optional block, it's not a big
>>> deal but in core that'd be worse.  Stefano has suggested rewriting
>>> an Apache licensed version of the API which apparently Tomcat has
>>> done with javax.servlet and friends.
>>
>> That would be good, but probably a lot of work :-)
>
> Geronimo was recently mentioned in same context.

I just commited the Geronimo jms jar tonight.  Also, after that I
realized that the OpenJMS (I think) has a jar called "from docs" or
something which I think is derived the same way and probably would have
been fine.

>>> Now, a generic JMS connection component is in the JMS block which
>>> may be all that's needed here.
>>

> No, what really needed is Cocoon MDB bean (and/or Cocoon stand alone
> Java JMS listener) which instantiates and invokes CocoonBean, in the
> same way as CocoonServlet does (or will be).

So by standalone you just mean a jms client which is not a component?

Welcome back,

Geoff