cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: possible future addition
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2003 06:11:41 GMT
Tony Collen wrote:

> hassan abolhassani wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have some concerns and would like to share with you. Sorry if these
>> has already been discussed or sounds non-sense. Anyway, I will be
>> glad to hear your voices (I am not in the dev list, so please in case
>> you post a reply send me a copy too).
>>
>> 1- I know that Cocoon provides different facilities for
>> Authentication and protecting pipelines. However, I think it is
>> possible to further simplify it. Suppose we add an attribute to
>> <map:pipline> for example 'protected' tag like:
>>
>> <map:pipeline protected="yes">
>> </map:pipeline>
>>
>> Seeing this and having a global definition of the authentication
>> configurations as well as the action in case authentication fails,
>> one may have easier way to add authentication.
>

> This is very interesting.  IMO one thing that I'd like to see is a
> quick and easy way of protecting a URL using something similar to
> using an .htaccess file and using basic HTTP authentication.
> Unfortuantely I think this would be the role of the servlet container,
> and I don't know if this would work any way with the CLI.

If you add something to the HTTPEvironment that connects to servlet
container, you just need to add it to the AbstractCommandLineEnvironment
and config to the BeanConfigurator, and then you're done. So the CLI
could handle it with:
<uri src="xxx.html" dest="build/dest" user="foo" pass="bar"/>

Regards, Upayavira