cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: possible future addition
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:32:53 GMT
hassan abolhassani wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have some concerns and would like to share with you. Sorry if these has already been
discussed or sounds non-sense. Anyway, I will be glad to hear your voices (I am not in the
dev list, so please in case you post a reply send me a copy too).

> 1- I know that Cocoon provides different facilities for Authentication and protecting
pipelines. However, I think it is possible to further simplify it. Suppose we add an attribute
to <map:pipline> for example 'protected' tag like:

> <map:pipeline protected="yes">
> </map:pipeline>
>
> Seeing this and having a global definition of the authentication configurations as well
as the action in case authentication fails, one may have easier way to add authentication.

This is very interesting.  IMO one thing that I'd like to see is a quick and easy way of protecting

a URL using something similar to using an .htaccess file and using basic HTTP authentication.

Unfortuantely I think this would be the role of the servlet container, and I don't know if
this
would work any way with the CLI.

Regards,

Tony