cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: Mass update to components for Cocoon 2.2
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:49:20 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

>>> And while you're at it can you confirm whether or not tags are
>>> inherited by subclasses?
>>

>> You know, I can't remember off the top of my head.  Let's add the
>> Fortress
>> meta info collection task to the ANT build, and try it.  If it does
>> attempt
>> to inherit dependencies, then there are certain caveats.  You
>> shouldn't expect
>> it to find something in another JAR for instance.
>>
>> I will say that it is a step in the right direction, but it is not
>> perfect
>> yet.
>>

> Acutally, if it is implemented, it is probably resolved on the runtime
> side.
> I will have to look into this.
>
> For now, I would list all the dependencies in the class where they are
> declared.

Ok, speaking of dependencies...

We have some components which can accept the name of a component to
lookup  and use.  For instance in the config, a Role or shorthand is
provided and the component looks that up directly.  How does that fit in
with the explicit declaration of dependencies?  I'll have to dig up an
example later if I haven't made it clear enough yet.

Geoff