cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Forrest docs in old format.
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 11:46:46 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Upayavira wrote:
>

>>No, to use the CLI, I need a webapp, just like the servlet. And to test
>>the CLI, I need a webapp with some pages in it. Therefore, I use the
>>docs in the webapp (build/webapp/docs/) to test it.
>>

>>>Even if you would use that directory as your source you can
>>>use the src\docs directory.
>>>

>>We could configure the webapp\docs to use src\docs which would avoid
>>some copying, but I'm not sure if that really helps us all that much.
>>
>>Clearer now?
>>

>Yes, thank you!
>
>So, if you would use, e.g. the samples to test you wouldn't need
>the docs, I guess.

Yup. I've always steared clear of the samples, as there will be some
that are not suited to CLI generation (e.g Woody samples. But there are
some that would be suited, and the CLI now has include/exclude support,
which could be used there.

Having said that, I would still like to create a test suite. It would be
pages that don't make much sense to a user, but show up the sort of
thing that might go wrong (e.g paths not being calculated right).

Regards, Upayavira