cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Forrest docs in old format.
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:54:29 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>David Crossley wrote:
>

>>Perhaps we can solve this dilemma by avoiding it. We could
>>remove the docs generation stuff from the webapp. If people
>>want to do live docs, then they could install Forrest and
>>'forrest run' on another port. We already ask them to install
>>Forrest if they want to 'build docs'.
>>

>+1
>
>We could (don't know if it's worth), run forrest and add the
>generated html pages to the webapp.
>
>Carsten

For the moment I would be against removing the docs from the webapp, as
it is my primary means of testing the CLI/bean.

However, I do have it in mind to add some kind of 'cli-test' sample to
the samples, that includes pages specifically geared to test the CLI
functionality (e.g. pages that need their links rewriting, etc).

Until such CLI testing samples are present, I would be against removing
the docs stuff from the webapp.

Regards, Upayavira