cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts on Woody ...
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:20:13 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>From: Sylvain Wallez
>

>>>This is fine and already works today.
>>>But how do we handle data binding, suppose you have a 10 pages form. I don't want
to do this explicitly for each form [this means writing 10 times load(...) and 10 times save(...)]
or is this the way we should go?

>>Mmmh... is this a "composite binding" on a "composite form" composed of several individual
forms?

>>Or maybe just a helper JS library for linear multi-form wizards to which you would
just give the list of definitions, views and bindings.

>Some mails ago you introduced a wizard object, maybe we can use it:
>
>function myWizard() {
>  var myBean = new BlaBla(); // get values from your backend
>  var wiz = new Wizard();
>  wiz.setForm( "form1", new Form( "form1.xml" ), [myBean] );
>  wiz.setForm( "form1", new Form( "form1.xml" ), [myBean] );
>
>  wiz.getForm("form1").showView( "myForm1Pipeline", {} );
>  wiz.getForm("form1").showView( "myForm1Pipeline", {} );
>}
>

>interface Wizard() {
>  void setForm(String id, Form form, Object[] binding);
>  Form getForm(String id);
>}
>
>... I think I get it slowly, don't I?

Yep ;-)

The wizard I was thinking of was generic and not woody-related, so the
one you outline above can be a FormWizard built on top of the generic
Wizard class.

Sylvain