cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts on Woody ...
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:53:39 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

>>> But when I use "go back" in a wizard I don't want to loose the
>>> entries already done in the second page. So simply calling the other
>>> continuation is not good in my opinion.
>>

>> If you jump back you don't lose data with flowscript because the only
>> one stack is saved and not the stacks which belong to a certain
>> continuation.
>

> Well, true - but if you change some values woody knows only after a
> *POST* about it! so having a link to the previous continuation *does*
> loose data. You need to do a post and populate to save the values.
>
> That's the problem

No problem with the wizard approach I suggested: the form contains a
link only to *one* continuation (the one that displayed the current
page), and upon post, the wizard ressurects the previous continuation.

This means that the current form can be populated and then the previous
one displayed.

But I know the next complain: we don't want the form to enforce
validation when clicking on the "back" button.

This can be achieved easily by declaring the "previous" button as a
non-validating submit widget: <wd:submit id="previous" validate="false">
and have the wizard.handleBack() method react on the same "previous" submit.

Sylvain