cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts on Woody ...
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:47:35 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>From: Sylvain Wallez
>

>>Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>>

>>>Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>>

>><snip/>

And this is what continuations allow easily.

>>>But when I use "go back" in a wizard I don't want to loose the entries already
done in the second page. So simply calling the other continuation is not good in my opinion.

>>The flowscript allows you to implement any strategy you like for this.
>>
>>Want to keep the values :
>>  var form1 = new Form("form1.xml");
>>  var form2 = new Form("form2.xml");
>>  form1.showForm("view1.html");
>>  form2.showForm("view2.html");
>>

>This is fine and already works today.
>But how do we handle data binding, suppose you have a 10 pages form. I
>don't want to do this explicitly for each form [this means writing 10
>times load(...) and 10 times save(...)] or is this the way we should go?

Mmmh... is this a "composite binding" on a "composite form" composed of
several individual forms?

Or maybe just a helper JS library for linear multi-form wizards to which
you would just give the list of definitions, views and bindings.

Sylvain