cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: Thoughts on Woody ...
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:06:01 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>> Well, "backtracking" means "go back to a previous state and restart
>> from there". And this is what continuations allow easily.
> But when I use "go back" in a wizard I don't want to loose the entries
> already done in the second page. So simply calling the other
> continuation is not good in my opinion.

The flowscript allows you to implement any strategy you like for this.

Want to keep the values :
  var form1 = new Form("form1.xml");
  var form2 = new Form("form2.xml");

If you display form2 and then go back to form1 (even with the browser
back button), the values in form2 won't be lost.

Do not want to keep the values:
  var form1 = new Form("form1.xml");
  var form2 = new Form("form2.xml");

In this case, since the "form2" variable is created _after_ form1 is
displayed, it is created anew each time you exit form1.

This is the magic of continuations ;-)

Orixo, the opensource XML business alliance  -

View raw message