cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Hartle <mhar...@hartle-klug.com>
Subject Re: missing mocks for jms blocks ?
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:18:25 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Go to http://java.sun.com/products/jms/docs.html then click on the
> "continue" button below "Download the version 1.1 API..." and read
> section 2 of the licence: "you may not modify, decompile, or reverse
> engineer Software".
>
> Auto-generating mocks from a jar file definitely looks like reverse
> engineering.

Okay, understood - but in this case, simply using the Java Reflection
API on a class in the java.* or javax.* packages would already be a
license violation due to the "reverse engineering" aspect, or am I
mistaken ? Hmm... I sent a private query to the Sun Sales staff asking
for their opinion on this and on the (auto-)generation of mocks of their
optional Java packages, as it is an interesting question. If
auto-generation was allowed, such a tool might automate the whole mock
class generation.

> Sylvain

Best regards,

Michael Hartle