cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: missing mocks for jms blocks ?
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:32:29 GMT
Michael Hartle wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> Michael Hartle wrote:
>>
>>> Just a question, those mock classes, are they created manually or do
>>> you already use some tool to generate them ?
>>

>> In order to be compliant with the licence, they should
>> _theroretically_ be written by hand from a publicly available
>> information such as the javadoc on java.sun.com...
>

> Hmm...do you accidentially have a pointer regarding this license
> limitation imposed by Sun ? Theoretically, a good manual mock
> implementation would not differ from an auto-generated one, or am I
> mistaken ?

Go to http://java.sun.com/products/jms/docs.html then click on the
"continue" button below "Download the version 1.1 API..." and read
section 2 of the licence: "you may not modify, decompile, or reverse
engineer Software".

Auto-generating mocks from a jar file definitely looks like reverse
engineering.

Now you're right that hand-written mocks should not be very different
from those produced by a reflection-based generator. And adding a bit of
method order shuffling would even make it more handwritten ;-)

Sylvain