cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: missing mocks for jms blocks ?
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:27:31 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> Today I did a fresh "build eclipse-project", and found that the JMS
> block doesn't compile because there are no javax.jms mock classes.
>
> Am I missing something?

No, that's why the jms block is disabled by default.  When Chris first
committed the jms block there was some question whether the sun jars
for JMS were allowed in cvs.  Since then we've resolved that they are
not.  We then either had to create mocks or create a parallel Apache
licensed version.

I found such a beast at the geronimo project and asked recently whether
this was OK.  I'm wondering more about whether an unreleased jar from a
project in incubation is ok for now.  I've not checked into whether
there are concrete classes or abstract classes that actually define
working methods or not which I suppose could influence the decision.
(if there are not, the mocks would be the same).  Before I or someone
else goes to the trouble of creating a bunch of mock classes, I thought
it worth pursuing the real deal.

So, anyone have an opinion on including the Geronimo jms jar? It's at
ibiblio for convenience but we can also build it from their cvs.  I
assume there's no license conflict! :)

Geoff