cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Why is FlowInterpreter SingleThreaded?
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 04:12:54 GMT
Again I know nothing about Avalon, but there seems to be some conceptual
confusion between "Stateless" and "ThreadSafe". Stateless objects are of
course thread-safe but stateful objects may be also. A container that
automatically turns a "ThreadSafe" component into a singleton seems
broken to me. Rather I would have thought that a container would provide
synchronization to such components.

My $0.02,

Chris