cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <>
Subject Re: The purpose of the CocoonBean
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:03:53 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

>> It seems to me that Berin is trying to create a bean to have a clean
>> access to the Cocoon class, which seems fair enough - I've got no
>> objection to that.
>> However, it is a completely different thing to the current bean, which
>> is much more geared around offering a non-Avalon interface to Cocoon
>> for inclusion in other java code.
> What about layering this like
>   CocoonBean (non-Avalon) -> Berin's "clean access interface" -> Cocoon

Hmm.  It would be the other way around.  "Berin's clean access interface"
does not in any way require Avalon in the interface.  It is more truly a
bean than the previous incarnation.  It even has proper naming conventions
for beans.

I think you should look at the BatchProcessing bean to see how it matches
the CocoonBean you originally had....

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

View raw message