cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The purpose of the CocoonBean
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:40:09 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

> I note from commit messages that Berin has completely changed the
> purpose of the CocoonBean. The CocoonBean is a published (if not
> entirely stable) interface, and therefore I think this needs some
> discussion before it can be changed significantly.
>
> It seems to me that Berin is trying to create a bean to have a clean
> access to the Cocoon class, which seems fair enough - I've got no
> objection to that.
>
> However, it is a completely different thing to the current bean, which
> is much more geared around offering a non-Avalon interface to Cocoon for
> inclusion in other java code.
>
> I think that the CocoonBean should be left in its place, and that
> Berin's bean should be placed somewhere else (and named suitably so as
> not to cause user confusion when people go hunting for the CocoonBean).
>
> What do others think?

Honestly, I think that one bean would be best suited for all environments,
and the previous one didn't fit the bill.  I believe the hierarchy I put
in place would allow users to better fit the thing in their environment,
whether it is a one-off or batch run type of environment.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin