cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT] Digital Video Amarcord
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2003 09:11:06 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> <snip/>
>
> Thanks for doing this Stefano. It sounds like a big effort
> on your part, but well worth it for all of us.
>

>>Expected size per presentation is around 50Mb/60Mb, which isn't bad at
>>all.
>>
>>In case you have suggestions, yell now because each mistake is 8 hours
>>of processing :-(
>
> <snip/>
>
> Is it possible to also make each soundtrack available as a
> separate resource?

[choke] yeaaaah, welllll, suuuuurrrrree..... I'll try to see what I can
do, but don't expect anything.

> Those of us stuck with clunky dial-up
> modem will have difficulty with the video volume.

I don't get it.

> What does the word "Amarcord" mean. No answer from dictionary.com
> and i gather it is Italian. Is it another of your fine and fitting
> terms?

Don't know the origin of the word but it's originally a movie by
Federico Fellini

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/6303522440/103-1504378-6337424?v=glance

Litterarely is supposed to mean "I remember", but in a twisted and sour
way, sort of a recollection of experiences that you do when you are thru
it with a love/hate relationship. It's not even italian, but it just
meant exactly this... sorry, I thought it was more international.

--
Stefano.