cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Overview of Treebuilder/Sitemap Builder?
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2003 17:46:55 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> On Friday, Oct 17, 2003, at 20:36 Europe/Rome, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> Anyone have a logical view of how the Treebuilder is supposed to
>> work?  It would definitely help me in refactoring things.  As it is
>> now, the Treebuilder is tightly integrated with the ECM, so it is
>> something that won't work right away...  I am just trying to get to a
>> place where I can compile 2.2 so that my testcases will run and I can
>> verify what I am doing works.
>

> Sylvain knows this and, AFAIK, he's one of the few (only?) that does.
>
> Which is also something that I'm particularely comfortable with, even
> if this is not clearly Sylvain's fault if what he writes works as
> expected and nobody has to go there and fix it ;-)

[I guess you meant "I'm *not* particularely comfortable with"]

Erm... How should I understand that? Is this an invitation to write
buggy code to force others to jump in? Well... community-wise, this is
an interesting approach, and I even remember that you used it with the
build system. I should give it a try ;-P

> But a description of the internals of the tree processor would be
> helpful not only for migration for also for future reference
> (refactor? cleanup? profile? whatever)

Sure. See my answer to Daniel's post for an in-depth explanation.

Sylvain