cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: [Woody] woody.js (show) woody2.js (showForm) et al
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:24:59 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Sylvain Wallez dijo:
>>Yep. And posts like Barzilai's one make me wonder if we should stop
>>development in the 2.1 repo and move it over to 2.2 into a new "cforms"
>>(Cocoon forms) block. Note that this doesn't prevent to backport this
>>block to 2.1 before an official 2.2 release if we consider that it has
>>reached some level of stability (including docs).
> -1. I think woody need to get improved even faster than the current trend
> in the current release too. 2.2 is far away and since it will be at a
> stable level this would slowdown the development of woody. :-(

Antonio, I agree with you here. Besides, we have no blocks in 2.2 now.

I've already started using Woody in all new developments since in its
current form it's already better than {XML,JX}Forms (besides lacking the
  possibility of populating a selection list from a collection
instantiated in the flow, but I'm working on it).

I also resolved to document all the additions and bugfixes I commit, and
write unit tests for them too. The latter is giving me more troubles
than I thought, however :-(.

	Ugo

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it