cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [Woody] woody.js (show) woody2.js (showForm) et al
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:09:22 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Barzilai Spinak dijo:
>

>>Right now, the best Woody documentation there is, is the one at the Wiki
>> pages which is several eons old
>>and just shows a lot of disperesed concepts and bits but not the wires
>>that make them work with each other.
>>

>Hi Barzilai:
>
>First, your name is not very common in this part of the planet :-D It is
>hungarian?
>
>Now to the things:
>
>I understand the kind of problems you have. Woody is still a work in
>progress but very dynamic and at the current stage, stable and maybe many
>things will not change any more. But please, don't take this for sure.
>Maybe woody will change in the near future, but not much.
>
>A recent proposal is change of the name to Cocoon forms. But I think this
>change will be just for the next 2.2 version of Cocoon.

Yep. And posts like Barzilai's one make me wonder if we should stop
development in the 2.1 repo and move it over to 2.2 into a new "cforms"
(Cocoon forms) block. Note that this doesn't prevent to backport this
block to 2.1 before an official 2.2 release if we consider that it has
reached some level of stability (including docs).

>If you wish to know about the lastest of the woody and get a better
>overview of what woody is and how you can use it. I think apart of wiki
>there is a very nice presentation (BTW, made by Sylvain at GT2003). I
>rather want to call it: "Learn Woody in 45 mins."

I'm glad you liked it :-)

Sylvain