cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Linotype all
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:40:43 GMT
I think this is a compiler bug. When an inner class accesses private
variables of the enclosing class the compiler generates accessors for
the private variables. Carsten changed these to "protected" (which made
no sense to me). This apparently causes the compiler to skip the
accessor generation. However, the result is that one class attempts to
access the protected fields of another (which is illegal). My preference
would be to revert those variables to "private". Another option would be
to make them package scope.

My $0.02,

Chris