cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ramy Mamdouh <>
Subject [Woody] why the binding load and save was removed from Form ?
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:33:27 GMT
Hi all,

The elegancy of using the binding from the flow script on the javascript
Form object makes me ask:

- why the load() and save() methods (with all the necessary binding
object, uri, binding manager) are not in the Form (that's it,
org.apache.cocoon.woody.formmodel.Form) class?

This way, we can use the same simple way of binding from outside the
flow script, maybe from an ActionListener or something.

For me, with the help of the new event handling in woody, this can lead
to a minimum javascript code, and the flow would be mainly for, well,
flow stuff :)

If there's no objection on moving this functionality into the
org.apache.cocoon.woody.formmodel.Form class, I can make it and send a

Ramy Mamdouh Kamel

View raw message