cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: [Woody] Purpose of DynamicSelectionList.SelectionListHandler
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:11:13 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 22:29, Ugo Cei wrote:
>>To all Woddy gurus out there: what is the purpose of the
>>DynamicSelectionList.SelectionListHandler class? Why doesn't
>>DynamicSelectionList just spit out the SAX events generated from its
>>source. What conversions do take place there?
> conversion from how things were formatted where the list data was
> retrieved from to how it should be formatted so that the widget will
> recognize it upon form submit.

Yeah, somehow I figured it out by myself after I wrote my mail. However,
this means that, in order to test this conversion I need to pass an
instance of a subclass of Datatype to the DynamicSelectionList
constructor, and the only way to get one is via the DatatypeManager and
in turn that requires having an Avalon ServiceManager. Is that correct?

Unfortunately, for unit testing, we only have an
AbstractCompositeTestCase which extends ExcaliburTestCase, which
implements Composable and not Serviceable, right?

So, what do we do? Do we implement a ServiceableTestCase or do we forget
about unit testing Woody components? And what about other components
after the migration from ECM to Fortress is completed in Cocoon 2.2?

I'm feeling somewhat lost here. I didn't figure unit-testing Cocoon was
so hard :-(.

	Ugo