cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Setting up the Cocoon Bean for 2.2
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:44:22 GMT
The CocoonBean concept should be to set all the options available for Cocoon one
at a time--providing one testable interface for both the Servlet environement
and the command line.  It does not make any assumptions about the Environment or
anything along those lines.

Does anyone have a complete list of options for the bean?  It seems the Bean
is handling multiple concerns.  I would like to simplify it to JUST be the
config options, and have another object take care of the specifics.

It would have the initialize() and dispose() methods, but other than that, it
would be a typical JavaBean interface.  I think that works best.

The Target and associated methods are somewhat confusing to me.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin