cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/lib jars.xml
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 03:39:26 GMT
Geoff Howard wrote:

> Christian Haul wrote:
>
>> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>>> we cannot redistribute those. but you could have a build.xml in the
>>> block and get them from ibiblio's maven repository.
>>

>> Damn. I was afraid you'd say this. It's just that the Sun license for
>> them has some limited redistribution addition and the OpenJMS project
>> does distribute them (even without including a license file for them).
>>
>> Looks like I need to look into this local build file thing  :-| Life
>> could be so easy.
>

> Will ant's get task work?
>
> google gave me this example:
>
> <get dest="${libdir}/picocontainer-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar" usetimestamp="true"
> ignoreerrors="true"
> src="http://www.ibiblio.org/maven//picocontainer/jars/picocontainer-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar">

>     </get>
>
> But a browse around ibiblio reveals:
> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/jms/
> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/jndi/
>
> exist but don't have any jars.

And looks like Stephen knows why - I had assumed ASF was being
conservative (wisely, I assume) and that ibiblio would be able to
redistribute.

I guess the best bet would be to grab the openjms package which contains
everything needed?  Unless it can be automated we'll need some work on
the block to make sure it compiles and cocoon can start up without that
part.  Not sure how to pull that off.

Chris, I'm really excited about this new work you've put in - it shows
the potential off beautifully.

Now I've got to go look at the code!

Geoff