cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: caching database generated pages / eventcache block to core?
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 03:39:03 GMT
Christian Haul wrote:
> On 13.Oct.2003 -- 03:02 PM, Geoff Howard wrote:
>
>>Christian Haul wrote:

> OK, I've put the sample in a new JMS block and created an action that
> could send JMS messages. There's a JMSConnection (bad name) that holds
> connection properties and instantiates a connection + session.

This ROCKS!  Exactly what I was wanting to see.  I haven't looked at one
lick of code yet, but I've gotten it all installed and working and love
it.

Some thinking about how to work around the redist problems and probably
putting the non-jms sample back in the eventcache block (or core if it
goes that way) needs to happen for sure, but this is off to a _great_
start.  How did the mail block handle this...?

> I haven't put the jars into the CVS because I would like to hear more
> opinions about redistribution of jms and jndi jars. BTW OpenJMS does
> distribute them.

And sounds like this is a hiccup as far as cocoon's cvs goes.  See other
thread.

Having fun,
Geoff