cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/lib jars.xml
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 22:51:31 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> On Tuesday, Oct 14, 2003, at 18:40 Europe/Rome, haul@apache.org wrote:
>
>> haul        2003/10/14 09:40:09
>>
>>   Modified:    .        blocks.properties gump.xml
>>                lib      jars.xml
>>   Added:       src/blocks/jms/samples sitemap.xmap
>>                src/blocks/jms/samples/database access-error.xml
>>                         eventcache.xsp install.xsp invalidated.xml
>>                         remove.xsp sitemap.xmap
>>                src/blocks/jms/java/org/apache/cocoon/samples/jms
>>                         HTTPTrigger.java JMSTrigger.java
>>                src/blocks/jms/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/jms
>>                         JMSConnection.java JMSConnectionImpl.java
>>                         JMSEventListener.java JMSPublisherAction.java
>>                src/blocks/jms/conf jms.xsamples jmsconnection.xconf
>>                         jmslistener.xconf
>>   Log:
>>   Start of an JMS block.
>>   Goes together with the eventcache block.
>>   Default: excluded
>>   Anyone an idea about the licence for JMS & JNDI redistribution?
>

> we cannot redistribute those. but you could have a build.xml in the
> block and get them from ibiblio's maven repository.

Neither JMS or JNDI are available on ibiblio (because of the Sun license
restrictions).  However, the license does allow distribution as part of
another application. In Merlin there is a bar file (block archive) that
represents a deployment unit. For example - the james-server.bar
contains deployment descriptors along with Sun's activation.jar and
mail-1.3.1.jar. On installation of a bar file these resources are
unpacked relative to the a application group (i.e. they are not shared
because the license under which thay are provided restricts usage to the
application the jar is bundled with.

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell