cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fortress Migration Strategy
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:11:40 GMT
Initial comments about CocoonComponentManager--to make sure I don't forget
anything it is currently doing:

The CocoonComponentManager handles several aspects including:

* Request scoped components
* Source Resolver specifics for a processor/request
* SitemapConfigurable components

I believe I can solve these in the following manner:

Request Scoped Components:  Create a new lifestyle handler for Fortress.

SourceResolver specifics:  I need some input on how exactly you are extending
                            this.  I might be able to handle it with an
                            Accessor lifecycle extension.

SitemapConfigurable components:  I can address this with an Accessor extension.

FYI
THere are two types of extensions in Fortress:

Accessor which allows you to add additional logic on request and release--it
does not manage creation of instances, so the request scoped components can't
be addressed in this manner.

Creator which allows you to insert additional logic inserted before the
initialize() method or after the dispose() method on creation and shutdown.

If I am missing something important let me know ASAP.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin