cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon news feed?
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:29:00 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> Gee, i am not sure what you are talking about Steven.
> Why do you think that a "blogging tool" is needed to do a simple
> publishing of news snippets? And why do you think that it needs to
> be a live webapp? We can still get prompt publishing using the
> current Forrest CLI generation of Cocoon xdocs.

Sure, but the success of the Wiki attests that people want instant
gratification when writing stuff, and you and I, and a few others know
that the current publication system, using CVS, doesn't provide this.

I'm not saying we shouldn't use Forrest, I just hope that we don't kill
honest good initiatives just because of infrastructural concerns. This
infrastructural political correctness meme tires me at great length.

I think PMC oversight as a concept is close to everybody's heart, but I
don't understand why it is now being used as an argument pro or contra
some technical solution. I'm all +1 for rules, but they must make sense
and not be used as some political weapon.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org