cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon news feed?
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:44:35 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Cocoon is about the core, Forrest is an application of it. I find it a
> bit disturbing that it's about Cocoon==us, Forrest&&Lenya==them in these
> talks. Forrest was made exactly for this purpose, for making the Cocoon,
> Xmlapache, etc websites, I don't know why you keep on saying to forget
> it for now. If you want to start building the navigations, trails,
> tables of contents incrementally, why can't it be done in Forrest?

IIUC, Bertrand was suggesting at the content side of things, rather than
the mechanism. I don't think it is in the interest of Forrest (now) to
become a blogging tool, since this feature would presumably depend on
some live instance of Forrest (the webapp) running on some machine.
Forrest's power lies in its CLI mode IMHO, and it is clearly the area of
its applicability where the most energy and continued support has been
put into. To me, a blogging service is clearly something different than
generating an RSS feed.

Cheers,

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org