cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hochsteger <e9625...@student.tuwien.ac.at>
Subject Re: [RT] Improved navigation of learning objects
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 05:48:15 GMT
Hi Stefano!

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
 > The approach above works but it requires two operations:
 >
 >  1) creation of the LO
 >  2) connection of the LO in the linkmap

Can you explain to me, why you are always talking from learning objects
in this context?

Isn't a learning object a bit too specific to be used as a general term?

Here's a list of documents which might be published on the Cocoon
website with a classification if LO is suitable or not:
* HOWTOs (LO fits)
* FAQs (LO fits)
* Tutorials (LO fits)
* Guides (LO fits)
* References (LO fits?)
   - Cocoon Component Reference
   - Cocoon URI Reference
   - Cocoon XML Schema Reference
* News (LO doesn't fit)
* Status information (LO doesn't fit)
   - Changes, Todo, Planning notes, ...
* Release notes (LO doesn't fit)
* Event reports (LO doesn't fit)
* Links (LO doesn't fit)
* ... many more where LO would fit and not

As far as I see it a document would still be the more generic term and a
LO a certain subclass of documents (HOWTOs, FAQs, Tutorials, Guides,
...), where the user can really learn something.

What do you think?

> Stefano.

Bye,
	Andreas