cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <jheini...@virbus.de>
Subject Re: repository block? (was Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1 gump.xml)
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2003 10:16:32 GMT
On 11.10.2003 11:15, Guido Casper wrote:

> Thanks Joerg,
>
> sorry for that.

No problem, it was easy from the compiler error messages while Eclipse
had no problem with compiling ;-)

> I think it would be a good idea to consolidate all the Source interfaces
> and source utilities either into the core or into a separate block.
>
> Should we create a repository block as suggested by Unico Hommes:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=106571386426709&w=2
>
> The XXXTraversableXXX stuff could go there as well (as could future
> JSR170 related developments)
>
> What do you/others think?

I like the proposal. This would also include the replacement of
DirectoryGenerator by the more common TraversableGenerator (or should it
be called RepositoryGenerator then?). If this step will be done, is the
slide block still needed? Is anybody using it? Should we deprecate it or
only when we can provide an alternative with our JSR 170 implementation?

Joerg