cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrzej Jan Taramina" <andr...@chaeron.com>
Subject Re: [RT] what cocoon forms lack
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:44:10 GMT
Stefano:

> No and the fact that we started with implementing xforms shows it
> pretty well.

I think you missed the smiley on my last line. ;-)

> The XForms standard is a client-side technology. There *is* a block
> that implements form handling in cocoon, but we moved away from it
> because of its design limitations on the server side.

That is not entirely correct.  Though XForms can be implemented through a
client-side user interface, it is also intended to be used with XHTML/WML and
other forms of markup and given the slow progress in browser extensions,
presumes the availability of server side solutions as well.

> Simply put, Xforms was designed as a client side technology, and we
> support it that way. (just like we do with cinclude and xinclude where
> cinclude is for the server side and xinclude is left for the client
> side)

I'll check the archives for other discussions on this topic, to understand
the decision that was taken with regards to Cocoon.

In the meantime, I'll stick to Chiba for my standards-based form processing.
;-)

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com