cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Renaming Woody to "Cocoon Forms" ?
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:05:50 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>I propose that we put in the docs some notes about the history of
>>Woody/Cocoon Forms: who started it (you deserve credit), the initial
>>name and where it came from, etc, etc, including the australian meaning
>>of woody ;-)
>>

> +1 (apart from the australian meaning)

Hehe. It was funny seeing people finding that out - though it was the
first thing which came to my mind when seeing "Debian Woody" quite some
time ago. I must have been lectured English using tasty reading
material, I guess. Or I've been subject to too much crafterm'isms over
the past years. ;-)

> We have the CREDITS text for exactly that purpose.

CREDITS should be used for proper donations, developed parallel to the
collaborative community process, IMHO, and donated in an official way to
the ASF (using the proper paperwork). Looking at the current list, we
should actively try to keep it as short as possible. Web3 should be in
it, as well, to give an example. I'm -0 to add any little company-funded
piece of code into the CREDITS file, since it would become a marketing
tool then.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org