cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Renaming Woody to "Cocoon Forms" ?
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2003 07:45:08 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

<snip/>

>> This is why having one official direction on the various areas is
>> good(tm) and having a simple name for it "cocoon sitemap" "cocoon
>> flow" "cocoon forms" would help our users to choose and feel more
>> protected and a more solid foundation.
>

> +1 - let's go for "Cocoon Forms" - even if I feel kind of sad seeing
> the name I suggested going away. Oh well - it's about seeing you kids
> grow up, I guess.

I propose that we put in the docs some notes about the history of
Woody/Cocoon Forms: who started it (you deserve credit), the initial
name and where it came from, etc, etc, including the australian meaning
of woody ;-)

> Bearing in mind the amount of work that requires a _real_ renaming,
> like changing package names, namespaces and all that - who's going to
> do that?

I volunteer for this. This move should also be the occasion of doing the
refactoring (rather a polishing, actually) I proposed in august so that
we quickly have some stable APIs.

Sylvain