cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Renaming Woody to "Cocoon Forms" ?
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 20:46:39 GMT

Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
>> I think there was agreement on Monday about this, do we need a vote,
>> or am I mistaken about the agreement?
>

> Someone mentioned that "Forms" in the name is "to official" and Stefano
> answered "if we won't have forms in the name we don't need to rename it
> at all". Such a nice toy name :) But I have no problem with renaming it.
>
>> Naming it "Cocoon Forms" is a nice parallel to "Cocoon Flow", and
>> shows that we're betting the farm on it, which I like.
>

> +1

+1

>> We can probably keep Woody as the block name though, in homage to the
>> great sandwiches delivered to the great original authors of Cocoon
>> Forms ;-)
>

> -1 either "Woody" or "Cocoon Forms", not a mixture

yes, same feeling here

however I do like the idea of holding on to some
historic-faits-dhiver-reference by adding a cocoon forms sample that
shows how to use it for building a sandwich-lunch-ordering application :-)

actually we should change namespaces too, and the used prefixes

as well as some classnames,
and some stuff in the samples, possible references from other blocks,
the (wiki) docos,...

any feelings around this?

regards,
-marc=