cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject ReSTy continuations (was Re: Renaming Woody to "Cocoon Forms" ?)
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 20:34:18 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

<snip />

> [at the hackaton, there was a discussion on why the REST-based approach
> that Marc proposed cannot be matched one-2-one with the flow approach.
> Marc agreed that his idea of continuation and the current continuation
> are different concepts and forcing them into the same terminology might
> stretch the paradigm too much]

yep, hackathon discussion made me see some fundamental diffs

yet still I see loads of opportunities in the ReSTy approach and I do
think Cocoon's sitemap fits big time to the general ideas behind it

I'm currently somewhat in doubth around next steps, and am just betting
on some background-mind-processing thread working out how the ReST
benefits could be more naturally added or at least made available to the
cocoon user base.

basically I'm still all ears to others wanting to join in the fun.

regards,
-marc=